Penny Creek PTA values our volunteers, but becoming a member does not obligate you to become a volunteer. However, PTA would not be able to provide our programs or events without volunteers.
Staff, Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Friends and Community Members.
We welcome all of you!
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy–it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause–your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be a part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events–all vital to a school’s success.
Penny Creek PTA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that works to support the community of Penny Creek Elementary by providing fun and enriching programs for our students and families. We also provide financial and volunteer support for our staff. PTA programs are an integral part of Penny Creek and include but are not limited to: Back to School Carnival, Drama, Hop Shop, Science Day, Spelling Bee, STEM Fair, Tadpole Club, Talent Show, Yearbook, and more.
Our members are the most important part of our organization. Without our members we would not be able to provide our programs.
Penny Creek PTA is just part of a nationwide network of PTA’s dedicated to the overall mission of: “The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.” Below are links to our Council, State and National PTA websites: